MIDLAND CITY (TAB) — A 65-year-old gunman shot and killed a bus driver, Charles Albert Poland Jr., in Midland City on Jan. 29 and then took a 6-year-old autistic boy hostage, holding him overnight in a bunker near his home, according to al.com. The suspect is Jimmy Lee Dykes, a Vietnam veteran. Negotiations have been ongoing throughout the night and morning via a PVC pipe leading into the bunker, al.com reported. No new information has been released since 3 p.m. on Jan. 30.
- Alabama Baptists called to prayer over concerns about controversial student group at Samford University
- Great Commission Globe ready for University of Mobile graduates
- JD Greear headlining Alabama Baptist Pastors Conference in November
- Controversial student group at Samford one step closer to approval
- Keeping children safe in digital world topic of March seminars in Birmingham