BIRMINGHAM (TAB) — Christians are being warned of a scam posing as a government agency. “If you or your church receive this form, ‘2013 Annual Corporate Records Form,’ you should not complete it. Do not send them $125,” said Jim Swedenburg, director of the Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions’ (SBOM) office of Cooperative Program and stewardship development. The scam service only “keeps a copy of your records” for a fee and is not a government agency, he said. It was discovered by the Alabama Association of Baptist Secretaries. The state attorney general’s office suggested visiting www.ago.alabama.gov/Page-Consumer-Protection-File-a-Complaint to file a complaint.
- Alabama Baptists called to prayer over concerns about controversial student group at Samford University
- Great Commission Globe ready for University of Mobile graduates
- JD Greear headlining Alabama Baptist Pastors Conference in November
- Controversial student group at Samford one step closer to approval
- Keeping children safe in digital world topic of March seminars in Birmingham