BIRMINGHAM (TAB) — Al.com reported that 6 in 10 Americans say they believe in human evolution, according to new research by the Pew Research Center. The survey was based on interviews from 1,983 adults in spring 2013. It found that 33 percent reject the idea of evolution, saying that “humans and other living things have existed in their present form since the beginning of time,” al.com reported. According to Pew, among those who said they do believe in evolution 24 percent said that God or a supreme being played a role in the evolutionary process. The study was released Dec. 30, 2013.
- Alabama Baptists called to prayer over concerns about controversial student group at Samford University
- Great Commission Globe ready for University of Mobile graduates
- JD Greear headlining Alabama Baptist Pastors Conference in November
- Controversial student group at Samford one step closer to approval
- Keeping children safe in digital world topic of March seminars in Birmingham