BIRMINGHAM (TAB) — The first edition of The Alabama Baptist was published Feb. 4, 1843, in Marion. At the 1843 state convention annual meeting, Baptists adopted a resolution declaring, “The Alabama Baptist be employed by the officers of the convention as the organ through which they shall confer with the churches connected with this body.” Today The Alabama Baptist continues that resolution by working to “empower Baptist of Alabama and others to live out the biblical concepts of Christian discipleship in their personal lives, their professional lives and their lives within the community of faith.” Happy 171 year anniversary, TAB!
- Alabama Baptists called to prayer over concerns about controversial student group at Samford University
- Great Commission Globe ready for University of Mobile graduates
- JD Greear headlining Alabama Baptist Pastors Conference in November
- Controversial student group at Samford one step closer to approval
- Keeping children safe in digital world topic of March seminars in Birmingham