IZMIR, Turkey (BWA, TAB) — Jamaican Neville Callam was re-elected as general secretary for the Baptist World Alliance (BWA) during its meeting in Izmir, Turkey, July 17. Callam was the first person — neither North American nor European — to lead the global organization when he was first elected in 2007. During his first term Callam worked closely with BWA leaders including the budget and finance committee to guide BWA through a financial crisis during the recession that began that year. Since Callam took office, BWA membership has grown from 214 to 231 and now includes member organizations in 121 countries and territories.
- Alabama Baptists called to prayer over concerns about controversial student group at Samford University
- Great Commission Globe ready for University of Mobile graduates
- JD Greear headlining Alabama Baptist Pastors Conference in November
- Controversial student group at Samford one step closer to approval
- Keeping children safe in digital world topic of March seminars in Birmingham