WASHINGTON, D.C. (BP, TAB) — Russell Moore, president of the Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention, signed onto an open letter with national leaders Aug. 12 urging the United States and international community to act immediately to stop the genocide of religious minorities in Iraq.
Robert P. George, McCormick Professor of Jurisprudence at Princeton University and chairman of the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom; Eric Metaxas, an author and speaker; Ben Carson, a noted neurosurgeon and other leaders also signed the letter.
To read more, visit www.bpnews.net.
- Alabama Baptists called to prayer over concerns about controversial student group at Samford University
- Great Commission Globe ready for University of Mobile graduates
- JD Greear headlining Alabama Baptist Pastors Conference in November
- Controversial student group at Samford one step closer to approval
- Keeping children safe in digital world topic of March seminars in Birmingham