The Twitterverse has been exploding today with hashtags of “Giving Tuesday,” a global day dedicated to giving back. Created in 2012 by New York-based 92nd Street Y, a performing arts center with Jewish roots, and the United Nations Foundation, an organization that networks and manages cooperative efforts with businesses and non-governmental organizations to combat global issues, #GivingTuesday has engaged more than 20,000 organizations worldwide, including the International Mission Board, the Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions and Compassion International, among others, according to The NonProfit Times. In 2013 an estimated $35 million was donated on #GivingTuesday and that number is projected to reach $54 million this year, according to Whole Whale, a consulting and analytics firm for nonprofits in New York City. To learn more about #GivingTuesday, visit www.givingtuesday.org or www.thenonprofittimes.com.
- Alabama Baptists called to prayer over concerns about controversial student group at Samford University
- Great Commission Globe ready for University of Mobile graduates
- JD Greear headlining Alabama Baptist Pastors Conference in November
- Controversial student group at Samford one step closer to approval
- Keeping children safe in digital world topic of March seminars in Birmingham