BIRMINGHAM (Samford) — Samford University in Birmingham will graduate approximately 1,125 students during seven commencement programs this month. The programs and speakers are as follows:
- May 6, McWhorter School of Pharmacy, Wright Center Concert Hall, 2 p.m. Speaker: Mr. Stuart McWhorter, chairman, Clayton Associates
- May 9, Beeson Divinity School, Hodges Chapel, 11 a.m. Speaker: The Right Rev. George R. Sumner, seventh bishop, Diocese of Dallas, Texas
The following ceremonies may be viewed via live stream.
- May 13, Brock School of Business, Wright Center Concert Hall, 11:30 a.m. Speaker: Dr. Betsy Holloway, vice president for marketing and communication, Samford University
- May 13, Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing, School of Public Health and School of Health Sciences, Wright Center Concert Hall, 3 p.m. Speaker: Dr. Ryan Rainer, physician and medical director, Cherokee Health Clinic
- May 13, Cumberland School of Law, Wright Center Concert Hall, 6:30 p.m. Speaker: Mr. Terry McCarthy, adjunct professor, Cumberland School of Law, and partner, Lightfoot, Franklin & White
- May 14, Howard College of Arts and Sciences, Wright Center Concert Hall, 10 a.m. Speaker: Dr. William F. Warren, Landrum P. Leavell II Chair and director of the Center for New Testament Textual Studies, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
- May 14, School of the Arts and Orlean Bullard Beeson School of Education, Wright Center Concert Hall, 2 p.m. Speaker: Dr. Jeanna Westmoreland, executive director, Legacy League, Samford University
Other programs related to commencement include:
- Air Force ROTC Commissioning Ceremony, May 12, Reid Chapel, 2 p.m.
- Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing Pinning Ceremony, May 13, Shades Mountain Baptist Church, 10 a.m.
- Graduating Senior Art Show Reception, May 14, Samford Art Gallery, following School of the Arts and Orlean Bullard Beeson School of Education commencement.